Connaught Government Hospital Surgical Mission Summary - May 2018
- Utilize the operating theatre of the Connaught for all surgeries
- Continue and implement epidural anesthesia training at PCMH.
- Triage at least 100 new medical patients.
iv. Conduct orthopedic and General surgeries of the triage patients at Connaught Hospital.
- Pain management Clinic at Connaught Hospital
- Provide all surgical equipment, drugs, and supplies for use during surgeries.
- Donate medical supplies, medicines and equipment to both Hospitals.
- Conduct continuous teaching in the OR, post op care and at patient’s bedside in the wards.
- Conduct a “Regional Anesthesia” workshop utilizing Ultrasound technology to do blocks and epidurals at PCMH
- Train local medical staffs using ultrasound to assist in making diagnosis during triaging.
- Conduct Basic life support (BLS) and ACLS training at Connaught and Police Hospital
May 3 – Depart Washington Dulles Airport for Accra, Ghana
May 4 – Depart Accra for Freetown
May 5 – Triage at Connaught Hospital
May 6 – 11; – Surgeries at Connaught Hospital, training at Police Hospital and PCMH
May 12 – R&R day in Freetown
May 13 – Depart Freetown for Accra
May 14 – Arrive at Washington Dulles
- Regional Anesthesia Lecture
- Epidural training and Workshop
- BLS/CPR training and Airway workshop,
- General/Trauma Surgeries
- Orthopedics surgeries
- Pre-and post-surgery care training
- BLS/CPR and ACLS training
- X ray C-arm training
- ICU management training